Tuesday 2 February 2016

The Missing Orange Juice, by Vasiliki

After reading a poem about an orange juice thief (by British Council), students were asked to write the same story but this time with a different ending. We also discussed ways of punishing offenders; we must admit that all the students proved to be very resourceful.. and perfectly lawful, if we might add!

Read Vasiliki's story below to get an idea of what we are talking about! As seen from her own version of the story...
 

On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays we get a carton of orange juice and a pint of milk, but one Monday morning I went out and I saw that my orange juice wasn't there. It was only the milk. I thought the milkman's forgotten to deliver the orange juice. 

On Tuesday, I got up the same time as the milkman comes to our house. When he came I told him:
"Hey, why did you forget to deliver the orange juice yesterday?" 
"I delivered it, sir" he said. 
"No, you didn't!" 
"I remember that I delivered it" he said again.
"It wasn't there when I came to take it."
So I got another one off him.

On Wednesday, same thing again.There was no orange juice, only a pint of milk. On Thursday, I was waiting for the milkman but when he came he told me that he delivered the orange juice. So I started thinking that someone is nicking my sweet and beautiful orange juice. So I made a plan to catch the thief!

I was waiting for hours when I saw the milkman run to my house really fast! He was ready to take my orange juice when at the same time I jumped out and I told him "So you're the thief! I'll call the police!"
"Please, not the police! Not again! I have been to prison four times for the same reason!" he said .
"It's too late now, orange juice thief!" I said.




No comments:

Post a Comment